Friday, December 31, 2010

Christmas Vacation: Day 14

New Year's Resolutions - today is the day you think about such things if you think about such things. I usually don't. But this year I think I have one. We urged our oldest to have more self-control this morning after he hit his brother. I got angry today when one child spilled a Sunkist in the garage and the other stepped on my Christmas tree that was in the way. I didn't say much, but I was extremely frustrated and I snapped at them to "go around" and "be more careful." I'm thinking I need even more than self-control. I need to consciously work toward developing all the fruit of the Spirit this year - love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness & self-control. That and I picked up Jillian Michaels' 6 week six-pack at Target.

1 comment:

kaylynn said...

I just read this...I've been praying for the FOS everyday this year. I need them more than ever. Praying for you...thinking of you often.