Thursday, December 30, 2010

A Special Gift

This Christmas I had a really fun surprise from some families in Kaufman. When I was getting out our Christmas decorations this year, I made note that I would need to be shopping after Christmas sales for a taller tree for next year. Our ceilings here are a little taller than they were in Kaufman and, in my opinion, you must have the largest tree possible....Christmas Vacation style. For some reason, I guess I mentioned this to J. Murrey of Kaufman, TX. I knew she was quite the shopper and that she might be out and about and find trees on sale and could let me know where to start looking. On our way to Rowlett for Thanksgiving break our boys were invited to spend the night with Blain Murrey and so our families met up at none other than El Fenix in Dallas to make the swap. K. Arrington had also made the trip to EF and as soon as everyone was settled at the table, I was given an envelope that I assumed was a Christmas card...I opened it to find that it was a Christmas card, but it was filled with cash from people from Kaufman with instructions to go and buy Commons Church (and our family) a taller tree for THIS year. It was very much an EXTRA for this year, but it made my Christmas extra special. I felt very loved and remembered and we had a lovely tall tree for church and our home to enjoy. This picture doesn't do it justice. It was beautiful. I've put your names on the tree box so that we will remember this special gift every year. Thank you for your extravagant love.
Thank you: Murreys, Arringtons, Hootie & Grandpa, Costellos, Vensons, Gentzels, Sloans, Froschs, Keiths, Williams, Valdez, Williamsons, Ferrells, McCalebs, Rawsons, Bounds, Richs, Archers, Sunderlins, Groths, Spradleys, Jacksons, & Gibsons


photo

No comments: